CHL Shooting Test:
NOTE: The student must be proficient with their weapon before attending class, schedule early if you need a beginner shooting lesson.
Beginners Shooting Lesson:
You can schedule a one-on-one private shooting lesson that will teach you gun safety, gun operation and basic shooting skills so you will be able to pass the proficiency test guaranteed. There is limited space available
Click for more details ---> Private Shooting Lesson
How to Get a CHL:
1. Register for the CHL class.
2. Complete the online application at the TX DPS Application.
3. Schedule your finger prints with Sanfran Mopho Trust.
The following above can be done in any order but the TX DPS will not begin the background investigation until all action items are completed. Upon completion of the CHL class submit all required documents to the Texas Department of Public Safety, documents can be uploaded, faxed or mailed.
How to Upload Documents to the DPS:
1. Scan and save documents to your computer.
2. Click ---> Upload Documents to the DPS
3. Select "Concealed Handgun" from drop down list.
4. Complete information and upload documents.
5. You will receive an auto reply indicating receipt of your documents.
NOTE: Before you begin the process of obtaining a CHL, make sure you read the Eligibility requirements.