License to Carry Classes $59
We cover the 4 basic topics required by TX DPS for obtaining your LTC:
1. Laws That Relate to Weapons / Use of Force
2. Safe Storage
3. Non-Violent Dispute Resolution
4. Handgun Use and Safety including Restraint Holsters
NOTE: CHL classes are 4-6 hours + range time, classes begin at 9am and are are taught at Winchester Gallery on the corner of E. Lancaster and I-820 in Fort Worth.
**TOPGUN CHL or any of their instructors have no affiliation with Winchester Gallery in any way.
Students are required to:
- Complete the application on the DPS website
- Schedule an appointment for finger printing through IdentoGO.
- Take the LTC class with a certified LTC instructor
NOTE: You are NOT required to complete the DPS application or complete the prints BEFORE you attend class, the following above can be done in any order but the TX DPS will not begin the background investigation until all action items are completed. Upon completion of the LTC class submit all required documents to the Texas Department of Public Safety, documents can be uploaded, faxed or mailed.
LTC Shooting Test:
The student must be proficient with their weapon before attending class, schedule early if you need a beginner shooting lesson.
Beginners Shooting Lesson:
You can schedule a one-on-one private shooting lesson that will teach you gun safety, gun operation and basic shooting skills so you will be able to pass the proficiency test guaranteed. There is limited space available
Click for more details ---> Private Shooting Lesson
Need to Shoot after an Online LTC Course?
There are 2 sections on your LTC-101 to complete, TOPGUN CHL can only administer the proficiency test if:
- You have Section 2 already completed on your LTC-101 form. Click here to register for the proficiency test or
- You take the 1 1/2-2 hour state required beginner shooting training with TOPGUN CHL.
How to Upload Documents to the DPS:
1. Scan and save documents to your computer or smart phone.
2. Click ---> Upload Documents to the DPS
3. Select "License to Carry Handgun" from drop down list.
4. Complete information and upload documents.
5. You will receive an auto reply email indicating receipt of your documents.
NOTE: Before you begin the process of obtaining a LTC, make sure you read the Eligibility requirements. Answers to commonly asked questions are above in the "FAQ's" tab.